All chapters/articles that are uploaded are simultaneously placed in the queue of the production workflow to the team of copyeditors, art analysts, and typesetters. The art department and copyeditors can start working in parallel.
Chapters/articles are available to the copyeditor to start the production. The first step is to initiate StyleFinder for pre-copyedit and auto-copyedit.
StyleFinder takes any unstructured content and automatically structures it by identifying headings, paragraphs, figures, tables, references and their citations, and tagging them appropriately.
The manuscript is evaluated against the publisher's house style requirements, and any inconsistencies, non-adherence to style guidelines, grammar errors, context-based errors, and improper word usage and abbreviations are highlighted for corrective action.
The creation of bibliographies is substantially simplified since all citations and references are styled and checked for completeness. Entire bibliographies can be authenticated against major reference databases such as PubMed.
- Login to PageMajik.
- Your landing page will be the Bookshelf or the Journals page.
- Select the book/journal that you need to work on and double click to go to Chapters/Articles screen.
- Single click on a chapter/article and run "StyleFinder." This action is also available from the tab view of each chapter/article.
- The chapter will be locked to prevent others from processing it. This might take anywhere between 3 and 7 minutes. In the meanwhile, you can start with another chapter or do the copyediting for a different chapter or book.
- Once StyleFinder completes the processing, the structured and styled chapter will be created as a new version in the manuscript tab of that chapter/article of the book/journal. A notification would also be sent.
- Run “Generate XHTML” to open the output of StyleFinder in PageMajik Editor. In some workflows, a .XHTML file will be automatically created after StyleFinder finishes running.