Copyediting in Editor
Find below the instructions to copyedit in PageMajik's Editor.
- 1. Login to PageMajik.
- 2. Your landing page will be the Bookshelf.
- 3. Select the book that you need to work and double click to go to Chapter View.
- 4. Select the chapter and double click to go to tab view. Click the manuscript tab. Select the chapter .DOCX file, click on the arrow to view the options. Select the “Generate XHTML” option.
- 5. The chapter will be locked to prevent others from processing it. This might take anywhere between 3 and 7 minutes. In the meanwhile, you can start with another chapter or do the copyediting for a different chapter or book.
- 6. PageMajik generates the XHTML and place it under the manuscript tab of that chapter of the book. A notification would also be sent.
- 7. Select the .XHTML file and click the arrow for the options. Select the “Editor” option, PageMajik will open the file in the editor,
- - to view the discrepancies and correct
- - to review the styles and correct/ update where necessary
- - to review and tag the styles where necessary
- - to review the references
Note: Refer section “PageMajik Editor” for details.