Appendix A - Book Sequence and Combine PDF
How to generate InDesign files with continuous page numbering
- Do not trigger Generate InDesign simultaneously for multiple chapters. This is because the system will derive the start page number for the next chapter based on previous chapter and this gets impacted when multiple files are processed simultaneously. Once InDesign file for Chapter 1 is created, then the subsequent chapter can be processed.
- It is important to run Generate InDesign in sequence – for e.g., Frontmatter, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and so on.
- If for example, Chapter 1 has 12 pages when an InDesign file is created, Chapter 2 will begin on page 13. Let us say page count of Chapter 1 increases by 2 during further pagination, then this file should necessarily be checked in and Generate Proof should be run to get the page proofs. PageMajik will update the page count of Chapter 1 as 14 during this time. Note that this will not change the start page of the next chapter until Generate InDesign is run again for that chapter.
- The generated InDesign file will always start on a recto.
- To generate a combined pdf with continuous page numbers, InDesign files must first be created with continuous page numbering using the steps detailed above.